Volunteer with The Roots Foundation
Join TRF in the gardens or alongside teachers connecting their curriculum to the outdoors, where the garden and the environment become the classroom. Teachers are enthusiastic about this work, and need YOUR support to make it happen!
Join our Classroom Assistant Corps
To work in the gardens/outdoor spaces and classrooms with students, please complete the Asheville City Schools Volunteer Verification Form.
* (If you are already an Asheville City Schools Verified Volunteer, skip this step and sign up here) *
We recommend this step because it gives you the most flexibility. It takes a few minutes and is only done 1x a year. Once you are on the site, follow the instructions below:
- Select Your Volunteer Type
- Go through the Disclosure Progress and Sign the Authorization and Acknowledgment
- Tell us about yourself
- Enter volunteer details:
- Where Will You Volunteer? *Choose “To be decided” (so you can work at all our sites)
- Reason for Volunteering * Choose “Other”
- Describe your reason for volunteering * Write “The Roots Foundation”
- Confirm on “Done with this Step”
After you have completed and submitted the form, you will get an email confirmation. When everything is cleared, you will receive an email notifying you that you are Approved and a Verified Volunteer card will arrive in the mail.
Once you get your approval email, contact Debra, our Director of Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org and let her know you are Verified and she will work with you to find the right fit. Please bring your Verified Volunteer Card with you on your first day.
|Facilitate Kindergarten outdoor learning time, M-F 9:00 AM – 10:00 AM|
|Support 3rd Grade Science Projects, M-F afternoons|
|Garden workday @ Verner – Wednesdays, anytime between 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM|
|Weed-N-Feed @ Vance – Saturday Dec 2, 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM|
|New Classroom Assistant spots available January 2018… stay tuned!|